|Independent Foster Care Review Officer
|Lika Family Fostering
|Lika Family Fostering Registered Manager
|Independent Consultant- daily rate
|£250/full day or £125/half day
- Lika is a new and growing foster agency based in Croydon, South London.
- Lika recruits foster carers for children in local authority care, and supports foster carers to develop their skills and knowledge to care appropriately for these children.
- Lika recruits independent workers as their reviewing officers and fostering panel members to ensure quality assurance and a critical eye is undertaken by persons not employed by the agency.
Purpose of the role:
The post entails the planning, preparation and chairing of annual foster carer reviews. The completion of review reports and presentation to Lika Family Fostering Independent Fostering Panel. To co-ordinate and develop the reviewing service practice, policies and systems. To quality assure the practice, supervision and support of Lika foster carers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To meet with the Fostering Manager or Team manager and draw up an agreed work plan detailing timescales etc.
- To work within and adhere to Lika Family Fostering policies and procedures.
- To respect confidentiality and to comply with your duty of confidentiality to Lika Family Fostering. Keep all information in relation to foster carers in a secure place throughout the reviewing process.
- To prepare for Foster Carer reviews by reading the carer’s file prior to the review being held.
- To co- ordinate the collation of reports from Supervising Social Workers, children’s Social Workers, Foster Carers and looked after children.
- To chair and minute foster carer annual reviews, ensuring that all information provided is shared and discussed. To highlight areas of good practice or commendations alongside areas of development for both the foster carer and the agency. Provide participants with a clear summary of the meeting, recommendations and action points.
- Show ability to use systemic ideas and challenge foster carers in a way that enhances the person’s ability to reflect and create change in practice and relationships with children in their care.
- To confirm all checks including medical, CRB, NSPCC are within date. That all household insurances are up to date, M.O.T and car insurance is valid, Health & Safety and Safe Care Policies are current and implemented. Foster carers are fulfilling the Agency expectations in relation to recording and training and the Foster Care Agreement.
- To prepare a review report with clear recommendations and evidencing the reasoning behind the recommendations made. Meet and work within the Agency deadlines and timescales to ensure the efficient running of the service.
- Where necessary attend and present reports to the Independent Fostering panel or attend to provide clarity in relation to complex issues or disagreement.
- Where appropriate undertake investigation of complaints from our stakeholders
- Discuss the progress and commitment of foster carers in undertaking and completing requirements such as TDS standards.
- To prepare reports and overviews in relation to the review service as required by Senior Management.
- To prepare and cooperate with internal audits and regulatory inspections by OFSTED.
- Identify and undertake appropriate training as the opportunities arise.
- Plan, prepare and facilitate training / workshops for staff, foster carers and panel members in relation to the review service, its systems and developments.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Fostering Manager or Directors
To engender a culture of safe working practice to ensure Lika Family Fostering’s compliance to its health and safety responsibilities, you are required to ensure that your own actions ensure your own safety and does not put other people at risk by reason of your own acts or omissions (Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act).
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A recognised social work qualification, along with substantial post qualification experience, ideally at a senior social worker or manager level within Fostering or Looked After Children Services.
- Valid registration with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
- Minimum requirement of the foundation year in Systemic Family Therapy.
- Good knowledge and comprehension of child care legislation, regulation, guidance and minimum standards, particularly relating to adoption and fostering.
- Excellent knowledge of social care procedures and working practices.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to challenge and hold carers into account for unsafe or concerning behaviour and practice in a way that doesn’t shut people down but instead can enhance reflection and create change.
- Able to work independently to ensure that Lika’s foster carers meet NMS requirements and Lika’s expectations as excellent foster carers.
- Ability to work in partnership with colleagues, panel members and other professionals.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Able to respond flexibly to the demands of the post and prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Enhanced DBS check.
Great! Please download and complete our application form and then email it to us via the email button. Closing date is 02.09.16